Medela Sonata vs. Freestyle Flex: Which Breast Pump Is For You?
The Medela Sonata and Freestyle Flex are two of the most popular breast pumps on the market. With so many options, it can be hard to know which one is best for you! In this guide, we’ll break down key differences between these two pumps to help you decide which will work best for your needs.
Medela Sonata Breast Pump Review
The Medela Sonata is a double electric pump that comes with an additional accessory kit. It’s designed to be used with a single breast at a time, and it has an AC adaptor or rechargeable battery power options.
The Sonata has three different suction speed settings, which makes it easy to find the right level for you. The pump also comes with an LCD display that shows you how long your session will last and when you should change out the parts (which usually need replacing after every 20 minutes).
It comes with a kit that includes four bottles, eight lids and eight nipples. The pump also comes with an AC adaptor or rechargeable battery power options. The Sonata has three different suction speed settings, which makes it easy to find the right level for you.
Pros of Medela Sonata Breast Pump:
- The pump comes with a lot of extras, including bottles, nipples and lids.
- It’s easy to operate and very quiet.
- It has three suction settings so you can find the right level for your comfort level.
- The pump is lightweight and easy to carry around.
Cons of Medela Sonata Breast Pump:
- It can be hard to find replacement parts for this pump (especially in remote areas).
- The bottles are not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed or put through a cycle in the microwave.
Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump Review
The Medela Freestyle Flex is a closed system pump. This means that it will not allow you to directly pump into bottles or bags, but instead into the included rechargeable battery pack. The battery pack can be plugged into an outlet or charged via USB cable (included).
The pump is very small and portable, making it the perfect option for moms who are looking for a breast pump that can be taken anywhere. The Medela Freestyle Flex is also extremely lightweight.
It is one of the best pumps on the market, and it can be used by both exclusive and frequent pumpers. It is easy to use, comfortable, and efficient. It comes with a variety of flanges sizes, allowing you to find the right fit for your body type.
Pros of Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump:
- It’s easy to use and clean as there aren’t any parts that need to be assembled or cleaned after each use (just wipe down).
- The pump comes with two rechargeable batteries so that you can always have one charged while using the other.
- The pump is extremely portable and easy to travel with.
- There are no parts that need to be assembled or cleaned after each use (just wipe down).
Cons of Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump:
- It can only be used with the included battery pack; you cannot plug it into an outlet.
- The pump is only compatible with PUREEN and Medela breastmilk bottles; other brands may not fit.
Which pump is better?
Medela Sonata is a hospital grade pump with a double breast pump, but it costs more than the Medela Freestyle Flex. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable electric breast pump, then we would recommend getting either one of these two models from Medela since they are both great options!
Here are the main differences between the Medela Sonata vs. Freestyle Flex:
- The Medela Freestyle Flex and the Medela Sonata both have two-phase technology, which essentially means they are designed to mimic your baby’s natural sucking pattern. This allows for a more comfortable and efficient pumping experience.
- Both have a double breast pump
- The Medela Sonata costs more than the Medela Freestyle Flex.
- The Medela Sonata has an LCD display for tracking your pumping sessions, and it also comes with a nightlight so that you can see what you are doing in the dark.
- The Medela Freestyle Flex is battery operated so that you don’t have to worry about plugging in during use.
Medela Sonata vs. Freestyle Flex – Conclusion
As you can see, there are a few differences between these two pumps. However, the Freestyle Flex is still one of the best breast pumps for moms on-the-go because it has everything you need in one package: from portability to comfortability and convenience.